July happenings~

5:33 PM Edit This
Wah.. didn't post anything for so long le. haha. Tried blogging once or twice, but uploading the pics w/o lan cable cxn just takes forever. Lazy... But still, let me recap what has happened the past month.

8 July
My first outing since I'm back. Dear brought me to eat Kuishinbo! After 5 long months without Jap food, buffet is the way to go manz! hahaha...
Finally together again after so long! :D :D

Some of the yummy food we had :)


We were waiting for the jingle to come on. The one that goes "Dong dong dong! 1 2 3, WE are KUI-SHIN-BO". haha, then they'll annouce some special dish that's limited in number, so every jingle becomes like a food grabbing competition. People will jump out of their seats to get into the queue. The kiasu Singaporean side is inevitably on display. haha... we're no exception. Just had to queue for the lobster man!~~ Gotta make our money worthwhile, hehe :D

Lobster staring at our desserts.

10 July
Met up with my friends for the first time! *happiness* haha... supposed to celebrate SzeWei's birthday. Wensi and I met up first to get her present. Then we went to another Jap restaurant! haha... *jap food overload* but I don't mind :)
This time it's Shokudo at the basement of Raffles City. Not buffet style, but Marche style. The queue was so long! We eventually got our seats and waited for Panda to join us. Von... is... busy AGAIN. haha, no surprise. She had to teach tuition that evening. Thereafter, Wensi and Panda joined me to send my mum off (she went Genting). And after a long phone call, we managed to successfully coerce persuade Von to come to my house for a little gathering. Was nice to see them! :)

11 July
Dear and I talked bout gg to Southern Ridge even before I'm back. I was really excited to go take a look at this new structure that links 3 parks together - Mount Faber, Telok Blangah Hill Park and Kent Ridge Park. Ayez, but unfortunately, kena diarrhoea. =_="

Rest of July...
Went to work at the zoo twice in July. And from then on, I just turned darker and darker. 5 months work of turning fair in UK - totally gone in just a few hours under the sun.

I also met up with my airens! GJ and MT! :D It seemed so long since I've seen them both! Really glad :) Had our usual updating session and coffee at TCC Bugis. I'm always amazed how mt can take double espresso shots. I never tried that. It gives me an impression that it'll be quite bitter and i'll stay up all night long. haha.

Had another really delicious and satisfying Jap meal with Wensi @ CHIJMES :)




22 July
Dear and I went MacRitchie Reservoir at 9am and took a 5km walk to the Tree Top Walk.



And when we reached the end of the walk, we realised to walk back to Thomson that side is another 5km! Totally shag. haha, so in the end we took a long walk out along the main road from the country club.
We were so tired we even wanted to hitchhike on the cars driving out from the club. haha. Weiann insists on stopping Benz or BMW. Everytime he hopes it's a posh car, a taxi or lorry will come along. lol...so in the end it's pure walking. Finally back to civilisation at noon *tired*

27 July
Made a trip down to Marina to visit the F1 Paddock with dear. There was K1 Rally and Carnival that day. There's drifting performances and car dress-up shows. It attracted quite a number of people :)
Dear with F1 Paddock in the background

Showcasing the new Audi R8 - driven by Ironman in the movies :) They only allow kids to sit in while the driver speeds the car down the race track. Ayez, all the fun kids can get these days. *envy*

Cars dress-up show! Really interesting! It's like watching the results of 'Pimp my ride' haha...This is one cool car~

One of my favs...

Beatles theme~!

Look at how much effort these car owners put into the decoration! Colour-coordinated '70s style



Hm.. what kinda face is tht...=_=

My first close-up with the Singapore Flyer~

Had a cup of gelato :) Oh man... I miss Italy's gelato!!!


Lastly, some of my ongoing collections :)