Movies Galore~

11:38 AM Edit This
Well, it seems as though I haven't been watching movies for ages. Last weekend, I tagged along with my brother and his mysterious gf (hmm...) to Fort Canning Park to catch the FREE screening (yes, i know v cheapo and i'm a big light bulb) of Ironman and Transformers II, organized by Class 95. It's a pretty cool experience! My mum was in a Jap mood that evening too, so we had nice Unagi rice that she whipped up to bring along as movie dinner. hehe... When we reached it was SO packed! Took us a while to squeeze our mat between 2 families and settled down at quite a nice distance from the screen. Before the movie starts at 7.30pm, the DJs had games and balls passing around to audience for them to answer some really siple questions and win prizes. And the Flying Dutchman and Glen Ong did a pretty good job of entertaining the crowd I must say. =)



I always can't remember when Ironman started showing in Singapore, is it when I was in UK? Cuz I've got no recollection of it being popular and me wanting to go catch it. Or maybe I was just too busy with fyp =\. Anyway, I've NEVER watched Ironman b4, and I must say it was a fantastic movie! haha.. I like action movies with good story and great action and charismatic actors like Robert Downey Jr.

The sound system was fantastic! serious... as good or even better than watching it in the cinema. Will definiely go the next time round it's organized.
*Start of Ironman!*


Anyway, we didn't stay on for Transformers II though I never watch it before too. Yeah I'm like sua-ku, but I totally didn't like the meaningless story of Transformers I, so I wasn't propelled to watch Part II of it. But it was still a great evening! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And just earlier this week on Wednesday (my off day this week), I went to catch a movie ALONE for the first time. hehe... it may sound weird and pathetic to some people, but I really enjoyed the experience of being able to indulge in the movie and eating and doing whatever I like. One of the best part was to have Choc Banana cake & tea at Secret Recipe before the movie! $7.00 vs. $7.50 fr nachos from the cinema (haha.. yah i sound like cheapo again)! Nice... =D

The movie I watched was Coco avant Chanel, which was entirely in French. Talks about the life of Gabrielle Chanel, founder of the famous brand Chanel. The movie focuses more on the the events that she gone through in her life that motivated her to pursue the career of being a tailor-cum-designer in the generation where the idea of French women working is absolutely ridiculous. It also emphasizes on Coco (that's her nickname) being strong, independent and always having her unique point of view that eventually changed the entire fashion design scene from tight & cluttered victorian dresses to simplistic yet elegant dresses that we see today.


Entirely impressed - a woman always have the power to make change.

And upcoming movies that I really wanna catch!

Robert Downey Jr stars in Sherlock Holmes =D
Listen carefully to the last 12 seconds of the trailer. Funny. haha


Of course, not forgetting Inglorious Basterds, directed by Quentin Tarantino (Director of Kill Bill). How can I forgo any Nazi-related war movie? hehe


Wooohoo~!