Reminise... :)

11:16 PM Edit This
I just put down the phone with Anna... feeling tired, but can't really fall asleep. It's been like a year plus since I last updated. Feels like a long time but its only a year.

Anna has been called back for reservist. Somehow this separation feels familiar. Although it's the same as not seeing him on weekdays, but the term 'reservist' just gives the entire week of not meeting a different notion.

Well, instead of counting sheeps to fall asleep, I decided to go through the sms on my phone, dating all the way back to 2008, when I started this blog. Man! that's 3 years! Ya.. my darling ancient HP has been stuck with me for 3 loyal years and still not dying on me. (now I feel guilty chucking it away soon to replace it with a smart phone)

Anyway, then ALL THE TONNES of memories just started to flood back!! You know when you start working, good old days just seemed like they happened eons ago? That's how I feel, so near, yet very far. haha.. Then I dug through the stack of postcards Anna send to me while he was in Leeds. I realised, that year was such a honeymoon year for us. Very sweet words, lotsa 'miss u loads', 'can't wait to see u', 'our separation is almost over!'... thinking back, that was very sweet, romantic. All these little words count. Luckily my mum didn't pop by my room, if not she'll be thinking what her crazy daughter is doing laughing alone in the middle of the night.

What was I laughing at? Anna's signature ugly drawing when he signs off his letters and postcards. I teared at the encouraging words he always write 'to be strong, to be independent' despite our separation... Ahh good times. As I looked at the pictures of postcards, I'm suddenly reminded of my traumatically memorable Barcelona trip. The sleazy alleys lined with fugly prostitutes, the crazy guy who slept stark naked in our hostel (luckily I wasn't wearing glasses), the guy who was making out in the bunk bed next to mine (totally gross!!!) and that yisi's bag was almost pickpocketed. haha!

Good ol' times, and I realised 11 Feb is our so-called Lufbra day. haha. which 2 years down the road, we've kinda forgotten it quite completely.

Well, thinking back, i was really glad to have made that exchange trip. Forging good friendships.. and although separation was tough, it did make the reunion sweeter. :)
I miss seeing everyone...