A day at the temple...

11:10 AM Edit This

Today is the annual event for my family to go to the temple for Thanksgiving. It has always been a huge and extravagant affair for that particular temple on this day of the lunar calendar, which runs early in the morning till late at night. It has all the elements of a classic Taoist religious ceremony... from sounds of ringing bells & gongs, chanting Sai-gongs (Taoist priests) to devoted worshippers (mainly aunties) and animal sacrificial. Yup, animal sacrificial (o.O) I think I'm the only person my age around there. =P

Well, I'm not really involved in the praying, but more of a chauffeur sending my parents to and fro...
Here are some pics.

The entire street is taken up!
They even need traffic police to guide traffic through the narrow lanes.


WARNING! Not for the faint-hearted


There's actually a pic of a goat n pig, but I think it's kinda erxin so I didnt upload. heh... Well, I'm sure these animals are treated humanely b4 being placed there.



Everyone has to go early to 'chope' a space on the table to place all the food and to pray. Apparently my mum didnt go early enough, so they're left with tables along the alley. Those are my parents in the pic.

Then something interesting happened...

Now you see it...

Now you don't.
haha... someone stole the chicken and shao-rou away.