I survived... and reached Loughborough!

9:42 AM Edit This
It's quite hard to believe that suddenly I'm in a foreign land. I'm surprised that I'm okay with everything here in loughborough... like i'm not exceptionally sad that I'm staying here for 1 sem. It just seems as if everything I had to do was so overwhelming that the emotions didnt catch up with me. Also, with all the talk of super heavy luggages and the need to transfer a few coaches before reaching Loughborough uni... I'm glad I survived the entire trip:

14 hrs of flight: yo sng ah... =_=
2hrs coach waiting time: Super freezing morning!!! Fingers are totally frozen without gloves.

4hrs of coach journey: Zzz...

Reached loughborough at maybe quarter past two (haha... i'm getting used to how they tell time), and the sun is already setting. Throughout the journey on coach, we passed by Victoria (London) and it's really really prominent architecture of the Brits are brick-walled buildings. I'm quite lazy to upload photos now cuz its already 2am in the morning here.

After we get our keys and settled into Butler Court with the help of super friendly peeps from S'pore Society, we went around to diff blocks to get our student id and comp passwords. Wanted to find out the mods' timetables and register, but we couldn't make it on time before office closes at 5pm. Ayez, sad to say, Engineering fac is the furthest away from Butler court!!! And without shuttle bus (spoilt in NUS)... it's really walk, walk and more walking from once place to another.

Den all 16 of us gathered and squeezed into our common kitchen tucking in to 4 extra large pizzas. With only breakfast on board (5am+) and a mini croissant bread koped from the plane, these pizzas are heaven~~...

Then we dragged ourselves to a supermart nearby (15mins walk) called Tesco. It's pretty smilar to S'pore's NTUC. The night here is FREEZing cold.. *BRrr..* All of us (10 exchange students) started to share and stock up food for breakfast, fresh groceries for cooking session which starts tmr night. Buy washing powder, laundry baskets, towels, duvet, food, and more food... And beers and wines are SUPER CHEAP!

Got back to our rooms and started unpacking our luggages until now... ok, i'm tired, so my mind's kinda distorted. Will just type whatever that comes.

I like the weather here, but at night it's really too cold for my liking. The hostels are surprisingly quiet, not noisy and havoc-ing like local ones. British accents really needs some getting used to. British jokes are not funny. They're super organised as when we travelled thru London, all the buildings look preety much the same; brick + lined up nicely along roads. Buildings at the corner of the roads seldom have sharp edges, they're usually rounded. I realised I'm sharing my room with together with my friend Hazel, not 2 separate rooms connected via a en-suite.

I'm tired, but happy with this new experience. :)